Collected by Julie Joy Shin
Julie Joy Shin′s Wishlist
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
What combats humidity and sweltering air that feels like it's being expelled from a jet engine? Paletas! At less than a dollar and in a range of bright juicy flavors, these little Mexican popsicles offer a melty respite from the summer heat. Try...
CARRETERA 109 TUlum coba Km 2.5, Villas Tulum, Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
There’s no need to venture all the way to Oaxaca for the perfect mole, as Chef Claudia Perez Rivas cooks up an excellent version of the dish at her Tulum-based restaurant, Cetli. Located on a quiet side street in downtown Tulum Pueblo, Cetli...
Unnamed Rd, Quintana Roo, Mexico
There’s a quiet fish shack tucked away in Soliman Bay, 15 minutes north of Casa de las Olas, known by locals as Chamico’s. The idyllic setting seems almost too good to be true. The cerulean blue waters sparkle from the light of the sun, and picnic...
Carretera Tulum Boca Paila 7.6Km, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Hartwood prides itself on having no menu; instead, there are daily options based on whatever is available from nearby ranches and farms. Of course, that means locally sourced ingredients only, in the service of innovative, Mexican-inspired dishes....
Km. 4.5, Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila, Tulum, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
If you’re ready for a break from the local fare in Tulum (which is delicious of course), Posada Margherita is a good a choice. They make excellent fresh pasta and juicy tropical cocktails to accompany it. The décor is charming as well: it’s beach...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys