Collected by kristiinasb
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Kakadu Hwy, Jabiru NT 0886, Australia
This World Heritage-listed national park is fed by pristine river systems, and it's alive with the various calls of over 280 bird species. But the best way to explore the floodplains, billabongs, and rugged stone landscape of Kakadu and Arnhem...
Birdsville QLD 4482, Australia
In the Simpson Desert you will find some of the best four-wheel driving in Australia. Literally take the four-wheel drive (and plenty of water) off road. The Binns Track runs parallel to the Stuart Highway from South Australia to Timber Creek, NT...
Tiwi Islands NT 0822, Australia
The Tiwi people lived in their islands for as far as they can remember. So they have developed their own heritage and history, isolated from the mainland Aboriginals. When the white people found out about their isolated community, they sent a...
West Arnhem NT 0822, Australia
The rock art in Northern Territory of Australia is different than what I've seen in other places and in other countries. There is a variety of subject matter -- animals, anthropomorphs and abstractions. Images that are hundreds of years apart...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign