Collected by Gloria Escobar
Gloria Escobar′s Wishlist
Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico
The fragrance of mangoes drifts across the square and pulls me in. Big mangoes, little mangoes. Red, green and yellow mangoes. I follow my nose on my tiptoes like Bugs Bunny falling in love. The market in Puerto Aventuras is only open on...
Cll Punta Celis Edificio F Local 3A LT SNS, 77733 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
I slink into Acentos early in the morning and am greeted by a fresh plate of croissants and chocolate pastries, an exotic hardwood bookcase filled with wines, a wire basket full of fresh eggs, and mi amigo, Cacca Wacca. "Hola, Laura," he rings...
50 Av. Nte. esq. Calle 22 Nte. Mza. 7 Lote 1, Ejido, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Head to Highway 307, just south of Av Constituyentes for a true local seafood treasure. El Oasis Mariscos looks very simple and local from the outside and once you step inside it offers a very laid back dining experience with excellent service....
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
What combats humidity and sweltering air that feels like it's being expelled from a jet engine? Paletas! At less than a dollar and in a range of bright juicy flavors, these little Mexican popsicles offer a melty respite from the summer heat. Try...
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Just when it seemed like the Riviera Maya Riviera had become nothing but a sea of all-inclusive beach resorts, you stumble upon the quaint little Mexican village of Puerto Morelos. There are almost no huge developments, no shopping outlets, and no...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys