Collected by M Altun
M Altun′s Wishlist
Via Alloro, 4, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
See some of Sicily's most prized artworks at the Regional Gallery of Sicily, housed in the Palazzo Abatellis, in Palermo's Kalsa neighborhood. The palace's Catalonian Gothic–style architecture, which dates from the 1490s, is worth a visit in its...
90133 Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
The Palazzo Chiaramonte-Steri, also called Steri Castle, was built in 1307 by Sicily's powerful Chiaramonte family. Manfredi Chiaramonte later added the elaborate Hall of the Barons, whose wooden ceiling is blanketed with murals. Starting in 1601,...
Piazza Bellini, 1, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
The church of San Cataldo and its neighbor, La Martorana, both overlook the Piazza Bellini but offer contrasting experiences. San Cataldo is modest on the outside, and its interior remains unfinished more than 850 years after its construction—but...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands