Collected by Megan Kile
Megan Kile′s Wishlist
11709 170 Street Northwest, Edmonton, AB T5M 3W7, Canada
The best drive in Northern Ireland, this is a dramatic 120-mile coastal route between the green Glens of Antrim on one side and the spectacular coastline with its cliffs, unusual rock formations such as the giant’s face (pictured, above) and Giant...
87 Dunluce Rd, Bushmills BT57 8UY, UK
Northern Ireland is often cold, wet and gloomy. Yet on this Sunday morning, the sun was shining and the majestic Dunluce Castle was on display. I loved running through the castle grounds imagining what life was like for the people who once lived...
2 Distillery Rd, Bushmills BT57 8XH, UK
This is where to find out how Irish whiskey is made, with a guided tour through the live production process from grain to glass at Ireland’s oldest working distillery, which got its licence in 1608. You can see everything from the malted barley...
Florence Court House, Florence Court Demesne, Enniskillen BT92 1DB, UK
The 18th-century estate at Florence Court is just the place when you or the family need to get out of the car and explore—and to imagine how the other half lived in centuries past. Grown-ups can take a guided tour through the house, which was once...
19 Avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France
It took master artisans four years to transform the faded Hotel Majestic, a belle époque landmark, into a 21st-century palace hotel. Le Peninsula Paris reopened in 2014 with just 200 rooms—created at an average cost of 2.75...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now