Collected by Grace Bowles
Grace Bowles′s Wishlist
307 Exchange Pl, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
How to choose between sweet potato biscuits, truffle grits, and the free-range lamb meatloaf sandwich? Try them all! (Just kidding) As a solo diner, I skipped the sweet potato biscuits (sadly). The grits and sandwich looked and tasted like...
310 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
I wasn't sure what to expect from SoBou, a restaurant from Commander's Palace, but it wasn't gold-and-black interiors, walls of illuminated glass bottles, and an almost Scandinavian aesthetic. This sleek spot, whose name refers to its South of...
925 Camp St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The three floors of art on display at the Ogden, one of a handful of museums in the city's off-the-radar museum district near Lee Circle, run the gamut from Clementine Hunter's paintings of plantation life to Shelby Lee Adam's photographs of...
#1 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas has some beautifully done exhibits, but the most exciting was the stingray touch pool. At certain times of the day you are allowed to touch the stingrays. (They feel like salamanders!) If you pay a small fee,...
3645 LA-18, Vacherie, LA 70090, USA
New Orleans has plenty to distract, but nearby plantation country, with its grand homes, period antiques, and oak-lined drives, is worth a detour. Rent a car and head west along the Great River Road. Highlights include Laura Plantation, where a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles