Collected by Vikki Walton
Yorkshire St, Rochdale OL16 2DW, UK
Way up north in England is Yorkshire, which has its own dialect and flag, and covers a stunningly beautiful area that is about half the size of Belgium. I am mesmerized by the scenery here, which looks like it came straight off the set of Downton...
Avebury, Marlborough SN8 1RE, UK
Lace up your best walking shoes--you'll need them at Avebury. This Neolithic henge and stone circle is so massive that it encompasses the village of Avebury and surrounding farmland. While locals destroyed many of the standing stones for religious...
1 Tracey Farm Cottages, Great Tew, Chipping Norton OX7 4JS, UK
Soho House’s latest hideaway in the Cotswolds is a next-gen social club and hotel set on 100 acres, with 40 log cabins, a seven-bedroom farmhouse, and a four-bedroom cottage. Forget that stuffy British manor home aesthetic: Furnishings are a chic...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights