Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Via Teatro Greco, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
The Island of Sicily has many wonders. Taormina is a popular resort town on Monte Tauro and has an old Greek Theatre that is still used for performances. The sitting has awesome views of the coast and Mount Etna. I would like to go back and actual...
98030 Castelmola ME, Italy
High in the mountain above Taormina, a similar village appears, without the crush of tourists. Castelmola is a beautiful little place with chessboard paving, tiny artisanal shops, and peaceful bars dotted throughout the network of courtyards and...
Via L. Rizzo, 98037 Letojanni ME, Italy
If you find yourself lucky enough to be in Taormina, I recommend spending a day at Paradise Beach Club, in nearby Letojanni. For a flat, per-person rate, you can enjoy unlimited access to the private seawater pool and beach, changing rooms and...
Trg Sv. Eufemije, 52210, Rovinj, Croatia
While visiting Rovinj, meander your way to the highest point on the peninsula and take it one step further and climb the bell tower. Stairs are not for the faint of heart, however the view is worth it at the end. I am told on a clear day you can...
Ul. Luje Adamovića 31, 52210, Rovinj, Croatia
Hotel Lone is an incredibly chic design-forward dream and the perfect base for exploring Istria. It’s all in the details here, where minimalist touches mix with a mid-century modern twist. Book a “Jazz Room” – stylish, spacious and complete with a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map