Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
708, Costa Rica, Provincia de Alajuela, Bajos del Toro, Costa Rica
Costa Rica is known for waterfalls, hot springs and other natural wonders, but many have become overcrowded due to an increase in tourism. If you are planning to hire a car to explore Costa Rica by land, you'll find this breathtaking waterfall...
Tropisphere Office, Provincia de Puntarenas, Costa Rica
There are two options for hiking the Montezuma Waterfall: a meandering stroll up the sunlight dappled river, and a steep, treacherous bushwhack through the jungle. The first, well-traveled path is a 20-minute hike from town and leads to the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December