Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
700 Cannery Row KK, Monterey, CA 93940, USA
A Taste of Monterey is kind of hard to find, it's located on Cannery Row in Monterrey- you have to go to the back of a little shopping square beside the courtyard to find it. Because of this, it's rarely crowded since many tourists probably don't...
3340 CA-128, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
When you're driving up from San Francisco, Bennett Lane is the last winery in Napa Valley (meaning that it's the furthest north). The Calistoga tasting room is worth those extra few miles, though, for a couple of reasons. One, the tasting room...
18701 Gehricke Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476, USA
You can spend days and days drinking wine in Northern California's wine country. But why not try your own hand at blending some of the region's liquid gold? It is a fun way to learn about the properties of wine and your own personal preferences on...
8815 Conn Creek Rd, Rutherford, CA 94573, USA
Before there can be quality wine, or even quality grapes, there needs to be quality dirt. Frog’s Leap Winery is located in one of the most coveted patches of dirt in the Napa Valley — Rutherford. Which is why, when you visit, owner John Williams...
940 Lower Debeck Rd, Naramata, BC V0H 1N0, Canada
Therapy Vineyards overlooks green vineyards of rolling hills that drop off with a thrust of caramel clay that disappears into the blue Okanagan Lake. The view itself could be therapy for any soul in need of inspiration and calm. But wine always...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys