Collected by Ell Ess
Ell Ess′s Wishlist
Old Burying Grounds, Beaufort, NC 28516, USA
Many colorful characters of Beaufort's 300 year old history rest here under a canopy of dignified, gnarled old oak trees. Stories abound, one of them of a young girl dying on a home bound ship, who continued her fatal journey in a rum keg. Once...
Shackleford Banks, North Carolina, USA
On my ferry excursion to Cape Lookout, we passed Shackleford Banks, an island that is home to more than 110 wild horses. These sturdy little mustangs have lived here self sufficiently for centuries, and are thought to have originated from European...
Crystal Coast, Harkers Island, NC 28531, USA
Sharks teeth, sand dollars, and tulip, ark, cockle, razor, ear and olive shells make for a real treasure hunt, especially after a good storm. Beach combing along the Crystal Coast was one of my favorite activities. I have never seen a richer...
Cape Lookout, NC 28531, USA
The ferry ride to Cape Lookout (one of the barrier islands) felt like an abbreviated journey to the end of the world to me. Nature is all sky, sea, shells, sand, wind and water here. It is a wild, but healing place, somewhere you can re-charge,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna