Collected by Abdu AlDohan
Abdu AlDohan′s Wishlist
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA
The most famous residence in D.C. has been occupied by every U.S. president except George Washington (President John Adams was the first, in 1801). Construction began in 1792, so it's the oldest federally occupied building in the city. Tours are...
2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
A history lesson in action! The Lincoln Memorial is best known for the lifelike giant. I found myself lost in the anxiety in his hands, the hasty "drape" of cloth, and piercing eyes that seem to pierce through the decades. Take time to lean...
101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20540, USA
Established in 1800, the Library of Congress is the oldest federal institution in the United States. The library was destroyed by British troops just 14 years after its conception, and Congress used Thomas Jefferson’s collection of 6,487...
50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
Come to D.C. for the weekend! Take the train in, get off at Union Station, and spend most of your time exploring this brilliant structure and its surroundings. There are food options from all over the world, Jamaica and India included. Need to...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World