Collected by Rina Rodriguez
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Chemin Du Cirque, 65120 Gavarnie, France
Walk from Gavarnie, in the very bottom of France, through a mountain pass in the Haute Pyrenees, and eventually down into Spain for an exhilarating day hike. Start on the path behind the church across from the pretty Hotel Vignemale, heading...
San Pedro Kalea, 63-65, 20280 Hondarribia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Enjoy the Spanish Basque coast the relaxing way - from the easy, fun town of Hondarribia, just across the water from France. Stay in the Plaza del Obispo - a 14-15th century palace in the historic area - and meander the city to find your way to a...
Le Bourg, 64310 Sare, France
Walk the foothills of the Pyrenees in Spanish Basque country. Set out from Hondarribia, or across the water in French Hendaye, along the GR hiking path to Sare (perhaps take a cab a few miles into the foothills to catch the trail there to knock...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet