Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Eastern Market, Detroit, MI, USA
The eat-fresh, know-your-farmer trend that's sweeping the United States hasn't skipped over Detroit. But lest you think Eastern Market is just like the pokey farmer's markets cropping up all over the country, know this: Eastern Market is an entire...
2517 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Germack began in Detroit in 1924 as the Germack Pistachio Company and is the oldest roaster of pistachio nuts in the United States. Today, it occupies more than double the retail space it once did and sells more than just nuts—now the highlight...
511 W Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Owner Carolyn claims that what was once a neighborhood dive bar got its current name when a brawl broke out—the former owner held up the keys, asked if anyone wanted to buy a bar and a local teacher said, "sure," which prompted one of his friends...
1529 Broadway St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Suds fans should book the short tour with the brewmaster at this relatively modern (2003) brewpub, which is located in the restored historic Hartz Building and has a custom-made tank system in its basement. Eight house beers are available on tap...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles