Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
1309 5th St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
Union Market is the perfect D.C. destination if you're searching for a weekend brunch spot, craving a snack on your way to visit the Capitol, or, you know, hungry. Oyster bar, bakery, taqueria, soda shop, sandwich shop, Korean taco grill—all...
225 7th St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA
The Eastern Market, now a National Historic Landmark, opened in 1873 to serve the Capitol Hill neighborhood (an 1805 version, located down by the Navy Yard, was a casualty of the War of 1812). The brick market hall, packed with butchers, bakers,...
1415 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Appalachian Spring is a locally owned and operated store that showcases the handiwork of artists and craftsmen who live and work in the Appalachia region of the U.S. The products—which include glassware, wood items, pottery, textiles, and jewelry—...
3409 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008, USA
I don’t really like to shop, and it’s even worse for me when I HAVE to shop like when I need to pick up a gift for a friend. I struggle to find that perfect gift. Thank goodness Wake Up Little Suzie exists. This small store is a go-to place for...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now