Fushimi Inari Taisha on Inariyama mountain is dedicated to the Shinto gods of rice and sake, but Inari is also the god of merchants and that brings a lot of businesspeople to worship here. Everyone else stops by to see the thousands...
Kiyomizu-dera on Mount Otowa is one of the most famous temples in Japan, a place that appears in every sequence of Japanese travel photos. The landscape is all cherry trees and forest; it is among Kyoto's loveliest spots. The current structure...
Kyoto’s Ryoanji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to Japan’s most famous seki-tei garden, which is simply composed of rocks and raked gravel. The garden is surrounded by high walls on three sides; the fourth side faces the...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3World Heritage5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites With Incredible Street Art
- 4Air TravelAmerican Airlines Is the First Major Airline to Ban Plastic Straws and Drink Stirrers
- 5Travel NewsHighway 1 Is Now Open Again on California’s Big Sur Coast