Collected by Alina Giovana Ayala
Alina Giovana Ayala′s Wishlist
Paseo de la Reforma 325, Tabacalera, 06500 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The simple but striking beauty of the Angel de la Independencia monument is immediately evident to passersby hurrying along on Avenida Reforma, but visitors may not be aware just how much history is encapsulated here–literally. Built upon the...
Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, 11100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Located on a hill that held sacred significance for the Aztecs is Chapultepec Castle, an impressive edifice completed in 1863. The castle, reputed to be the only royal castle in the Americas, has served many functions over the course of its...
Seminario 8, Centro Histórico, Cuauhtémoc, 06060 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
With the Spanish conquest of the Aztec empire, Iberian overlords set about imposing their customs on the subdued populace, eliminating traces of pre-Hispanic religions they deemed heretical by demolishing major temples and building churches and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022