Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Yellowstone National Park is no secret by any stretch of the imagination. Yellowstone is one of America's most popular tourist destinations, and with good reason; there few places in the country where you can rub shoulders with grizzlies, smack...
Artist Point, Wyoming 82190, USA
This was my absolute favorite place in Yellowstone. Sorry to say, this photo definitely doesn't capture the scale or the splendor or the rich color of this spot. I'm not sure any photo ever could. You'll just have to witness it for yourself. I...
Sapphire Pool, Wyoming 82190, USA
The brilliant blue color of Yellowstone National Park's Sapphire Pool looks like the perfect hot tub for chilly winter park visitors. Sadly, its pristine waters reach temperatures of 200-plus degrees. A little too hot for a soak, but when the wind...
Sheepeater Cliffs, Wyoming 82190, USA
Yogi Bear is spoiled for choices when it comes to snatching picnic baskets; Yellowstone has 52 designated picnic sites scattered throughout the park. Each site has picnic tables and most have vault toilets, while camping stoves and self-contained...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security