Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
1185 Kaluanui Rd, Honolulu, HI 96825, USA
Couples can retreat into a different world for the day by exploring Hawaii’s mountains. The meandering, rain forested trails of the Koo’lau Mountains are a quick drive from Honolulu—the Mariner’s Ridge Trail opens to reveal...
Ka‘Iwa Ridge, Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Starting a day with a hike on the Lanikai Pillbox Trail is a popular way to get out of Honolulu for a magnificent morning sight. Although the view is beautiful any time of day, most people prefer to visit the pillboxes (bunkers constructed during...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign