Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
During a summer studying in Costa Rica I visited many ecologically stunning places I would recommend visiting, and only one inn that stood out from all the rest. This friendly family run Eco country lodge is la Quinta Sarapiqui. The grounds are a...
Calle Central Alfredo Volio, San José, Costa Rica
Out of all the beautiful places in Costa Rica the capital San Jose seems lacking and I wouldn't recommend wasting many precious travel days there. However I called this city home for three months and as the main travel hub between Costa Rica's...
Puntarenas Province, Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
Asian culture is popular in Costa Rica. This Thai-inspired guest house in Santa Teresa was a gem: the rooms were cheap, the Thai food was delicious, and the bar area attracted friendly locals and travelers. Readers will appreciate the copious...
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica
The Osa Peninsula is a place like any other in Costa Rica; it is a place where time stands still and all your worries melt away. Blue Osa is the perfect place to let them melt, and to let yourself fully relax, while swinging in a personal hammock...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Pavones, Costa Rica
I volunteered here for almost a month and had an amazing time. You can also just stay as a guest, but staying a little longer to participate with other volunteers made for an incredibly rewarding experience. Described as a "rustic yoga center and...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter