Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Puntarenas Province, Monteverde, Costa Rica
The Hanging Bridges at Monteverde Cloud Forest was an AMAZING way to experience the Cloud Forest. You literally have a bird's eye view of the entire forest. I went later in the day so I basically had the entire trail to myself which was nice...
7 Kms De Puerto Viejo De Sarapiqui (Chilamate, S.), Costa Rica, Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
Mornings are the best for bird watching in Costa Rica. Sitting by the pool, at the Selva Verde Lodge at four in the morning, turned out to be a fantastic idea. I saw a wide variety of birds, including toucans, parrots, and even the occasional...
Lake Arenal, Costa Rica
Like many adventurers, when we landed in San Jose our first plan was to get out of the city and into the country, which required a four or five hour taxi ride no matter which direction we chose. And when you leave the airport, you'll see the taxi...
Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
With Volcan Arenal nearby La Fortuna has several hot springs perfect for relaxing those tired muscles of yours after a day of hiking. There are a handful of options including ritzy all inclusive spa resorts but when my friend and I were traveling...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village