Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Isla del Espiritu Santo, Baja California Sur, Mexico
The Isla Espiritú Santo and the adjacent Isla Partida (separated by a narrow isthmus which only appears at low tide) are desert islands, with no human residents. Even if there is no permanent human population here, the islands are rich in rare...
Calle Baja California S/N, Centro, 23880 Loreto, B.C.S., Mexico
Capital of the Mexican state of Baja California Sur, La Paz is an eco-tourist magnet, surrounded by protected islands in the Sea of Cortes, white sand beaches with rich birdlife, and seas teeming with fish and mammals. The area used to be a pearl...
Calle Benito Juárez S/N, Centro, 23300 Todos Santos, B.C.S., Mexico
Vanity Fair has called Todos Santos "flip flop funky" and the town definitely has a unique boho vibe—maybe even more so since a Canadian couple renovated and reopened the infamous "Hotel California" here (while it's never been proven that the...
Recinto Portuario 110, San Antonio, El Zacatal, 23090 La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
Red Travel Mexico was not named after the color but after the Spanish word for a fisherman's net. The company, which is a hybrid of tour company and non-profit eco-resource and which has gotten high marks for its community based work, operates a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles