Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Isla del Espiritu Santo, Baja California Sur, Mexico
The Isla Espiritú Santo and the adjacent Isla Partida (separated by a narrow isthmus which only appears at low tide) are desert islands, with no human residents. Even if there is no permanent human population here, the islands are rich in rare...
Calle Baja California S/N, Centro, 23880 Loreto, B.C.S., Mexico
Capital of the Mexican state of Baja California Sur, La Paz is an eco-tourist magnet, surrounded by protected islands in the Sea of Cortes, white sand beaches with rich birdlife, and seas teeming with fish and mammals. The area used to be a pearl...
Calle Benito Juárez S/N, Centro, 23300 Todos Santos, B.C.S., Mexico
Vanity Fair has called Todos Santos "flip flop funky" and the town definitely has a unique boho vibe—maybe even more so since a Canadian couple renovated and reopened the infamous "Hotel California" here (while it's never been proven that the...
Recinto Portuario 110, San Antonio, El Zacatal, 23090 La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
Red Travel Mexico was not named after the color but after the Spanish word for a fisherman's net. The company, which is a hybrid of tour company and non-profit eco-resource and which has gotten high marks for its community based work, operates a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun