Collected by Alexandra Stevic
Alexandra Stevic′s Wishlist
Sri Pada / Adam's Peak, Sri Lanka
Located in the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka, Sri Pada (also known as Adam's Peak) is revered as a holy site by Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians. The mountain stands out for both its prominence and for the Sri Pada "Sacred Footprint", a...
Kaikawala, Sri Lanka
While jogging on Induruwa beach in the early morning I came across this lobster fisherman casting his line into an ocean pool formed by boulders just off the coast. He told me he can sell lobsters for Rs. 3500 per kilo (about $30 for 2.2 lbs) and...
2 Galle Rd, Colombo 0300, Sri Lanka
Now and again, a sunset is more than just a sunset. Such is the case from the Galle Face Hotel in Colombo. One of the most relaxing places on earth to watch the sun go down - so long as there's plenty of malty Lion Stout at hand. The Galle Face...
B199, Rambukkana 71100, Sri Lanka
Each day, the 90 elephants living at the Pinnewala Orphanage are led from their feeding grounds to the nearby Maha Oya (Maha River) to bathe. The elephants are split in to two groups so half get to go to the river in the morning and the other half...
Panama, Sri Lanka
The east coast of Sri Lanka boasts amazing scenery as well as some fabulous surf. This area was frequently visited by wild elephants and we'd often surf under the watchful eyes of the monkeys. Periods of no surf meant hanging out on the giant...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles