Collected by Jess Walsh
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Adare, Co. Limerick, V94 W8WR, Ireland
This castle was erected with an ancient ring-fort, around the early part of the 13th century. It became a strategic fortress during the following turbulent years. It was the property of the Earls of Kildare for nearly 300 years until the rebellion...
Castleholding, Co. Tipperary, Ireland
I had long been enamored of the stories swirling around the eerie Leap Castle in County Offaly. Notorious for being the most haunted castle in Ireland, Leap looms out of the rolling countryside, a crooked finger gesticulating at a leaden sky,...
2 Sea Rd, Galway, Ireland
When the cashier at the Guinness storehouse in Dublin found out I was going to Galway, her hometown, she suggested checking out the Crane Bar for traditional music. Based on the crowds that showed up, this is not a great secret. But it's still...
9 Northload St, Glastonbury BA6 9JJ, UK
One of the world's most legendary music festivals, Glastonbury is held in Somerset, England over five days in June. Begun in 1970, it still embraces its counterculture, hippie roots and holds performances on some 900 acres of bucolic farmland –...
The golden-sand beach of Playa Tambor, fringed with coconut palms and sea grapes, makes for a postcard-perfect afternoon of horseback riding along the waterfront of Costa Rica's Nicoya Peninsula. Even novice riders will find a horse that suits...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico