Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Greenwood Creek State Beach, California 95432, USA
Grab a deli sandwich from Elk General Store and head across the road down 1/2 mile to the beach. It is isolated with about 6 people at any given time. It has picnic tables and so much character that it held two busy boys for four hours while we...
44850 Comptche Ukiah Road, POB 487, Mendocino, CA 95460, USA
The terraced organic garden that steps down the hillside in front of the Stanford Inn (above Mendocino Bay) provides some of the vegetables and herbs for the innovative cuisine in the hotel's Ravens' Restaurant. A stroll through the farm, with a...
42401 CA-1, Gualala, CA 95445, USA
Gualala Point has 195 acres of forest land and coastline. We made a long loop from where we parked just off hwy 1 past some campgrounds and then hiked back over 1 and along the Gualala River. It's not a long hike and the trail is mostly flat, with...
Caspar, CA 95460, USA
Bring your web suits! This beach is the perfect spot for a getaway with some friends. Beach is fun for kids to play on and easily within walking distance from the campground. Campground is clean and provides all amenities from tents to full...
Russian Gulch State Park, Mendocino, CA 95460, USA
The Russian Gulch State Park may have the perfect forest hike: A seven mile loop to a 35-foot waterfall through new growth redwood forests. Start at the beach parking lot and take the Fern Grove trail to the waterfall. Then, loop back on the North...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna