Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
84220 Roussillon, France
There is a small, rural village in Provence called Roussillon known for its large ochre deposits found in the clay surrounding the village. You can even visit the ochre quarry nearby, now unused. The village itself is situated on an ochre ridge...
84400 Saignon, France
Though my favorite Provencal hotel is now gone from Saignon, it is still the quintessential, hilltop town worth visiting when you're biking, hiking or driving through this area of France. The dreamy town center (all of three streets) will provide...
Avenue de la Burlière, 84220 Roussillon, France
Lucky enough to see this for the 3rd time in my life and hoping to return for more: blooming lavender fields in Provence. This one came up just as we approached Roussillon from the south. We noticed all the cars parked on the side of the street...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun