Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Whiteface Intervale Rd, Sandwich, NH 03259, USA
We were driving towards Chocorua trail head on the southern edge of the White Mountains, when I made a last ditch effort for a change in plans. I am always game for an adventure, but on this humid summer day, I was not enthused about a summit...
Manchester, VT 05255, USA
My wife and I have traveled to almost 60 countries, and most of our 50 states. But, we had never been to New England for the fall foliage. So, last year we flew to Boston in late September and took a 3 week driving tour of Maine, New Hampshire,...
233 Union Ave, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076, USA
Fall foliage in New England is nothing short of spectacular. The color change begins usually in early October, and by middle of the month the landscape is filled with vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow. Whether it be Hwy 87 along the Hudson...
Woodstock, NY, USA
About forty minutes after you start Overlook Mountain trail in Woodstock suddenly without any warning the ruins of Overlook Mountain House rise in their most haunted and cryptic look in front of you. Only four outer walls and main staircases of...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter