Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Vogafjós, 660 Myvatn, Iceland
Built in 1947, this intimate, family-run hotel has an enviable location right on the banks of the striking Lake Mývatn in the northeast of Iceland. Despite looking fairly nondescript from the outside, Hotel Reykjahlid exudes a traditional...
Laugavegur 105, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
This buzzy hybrid offers both hostel dorms and hotel rooms in a five-story building on Reykjavik’s main drag, Laugavegur. The lower floors contain the hostel, while the top floor has hotel-style rooms, all of which were designed by...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter