Collected by dunja
Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia
As I sit reading inside my host’s home in Kosrae, a shirtless man pops his head in the window beside me. It takes twenty years off my life. But, in Kosrae sticking your head through an open window is just being friendly. The island is smaller than...
Lelu, Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia
Just arrived on Micronesian island of Kosrae when pal Jeanne heard from young Naomi: her cat's cheek had been pierced with a fishhook. Could we help? Kosrae had no vets, so the request wasn’t unwarranted—just unsettling. Jeanne turned to me, and I...
Nanwei, Pohnpei Island, Federated States of Micronesia
Searching for the legendary lost continent of Mu, or Lemuria? We could only find the mirror image of the sunken city at Nan Madol, whose walls were built of giant basalt pillars, which break naturally into huge, log-like hexagonal columns. The...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local