Collected by dunja
Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia
As I sit reading inside my host’s home in Kosrae, a shirtless man pops his head in the window beside me. It takes twenty years off my life. But, in Kosrae sticking your head through an open window is just being friendly. The island is smaller than...
Pohlok, Marahu Village, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
In the warm turquoise waters off Palau, Micronesia, a giant manta ray swooped over to my astonished face. "Would you like an ocean ride?" he smiled. I climbed onto his velvety wings. We sailed away, past schools of sharks, enjoying their lunch...
Lelu, Kosrae, Federated States of Micronesia
Just arrived on Micronesian island of Kosrae when pal Jeanne heard from young Naomi: her cat's cheek had been pierced with a fishhook. Could we help? Kosrae had no vets, so the request wasn’t unwarranted—just unsettling. Jeanne turned to me, and I...
Nanwei, Pohnpei Island, Federated States of Micronesia
Searching for the legendary lost continent of Mu, or Lemuria? We could only find the mirror image of the sunken city at Nan Madol, whose walls were built of giant basalt pillars, which break naturally into huge, log-like hexagonal columns. The...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Air TravelHow to Get Through TSA Quickly During Its Busiest Summer Ever
- 4Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes