Willamette Valley Secrets
Collected by Matthew Keesecker , AFAR Local Expert
Dundee, OR 97115, USA
Tucked away in the Willamette Valley, located just a short distance outside Portland, is the winery Domaine Drouhin. If the name sounds familiar, it's because Drouhin winemaking was originally established in Beaune, France, but the family has also...
Newberg, OR 97132, USA
For some people, the mention of the Willamette Valley in Oregon conjures images of vineyards and wineries. While there is an abundance of both, the valley also holds a few other secrets that may interest a traveler in-the-know. Here are a few . ....
6250 NE Hilltop Ln, Dayton, OR 97114, USA
This is a view from just outside the tasting room at White Rose Estate winery. The room sits atop a hill that is smack dab in the middle of their vineyards, and as you can see, it overlooks the valley. The organic nature of the landscaping really...
500 NE Captain Michael King Smith Way, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
Yes, the Spruce Goose is located in McMinnville, OR. Who knew? Planning a wine trip out west, I came upon this little known fact and had to include a stop. It really is an engineering marvel. It's big, it's wood, and yes folks, it flew! Nice job...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May