Wildlife Encounters in Tanzania
Collected by Kerry John-Davis, AFAR Contributor
Whether you spot a shy leopard dozing in a tree, elephants coming to the water hole for a midday drink, or a spectacular river crossing of wildebeest, here are your encounters with the wildlife of Tanzania.
Tarangire National Park doesn't have the big-name draw of Ngorongoro or the Serengeti, but it does have plenty of big animals — chief among them, huge herds of elephants that abound in the park during both the rainy and dry seasons. The fact that...
Amidst the prolific, majestic baobab trees and huge herds of elephants and buffalo, you’ll find the famous tree-climbing lions of Tarangire. To spot one of these magnificent felines, especially if it is indeed climbing a tree at the time, would be...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun