Collected by Adriana Yampey
Lake Baringo, Kenya
At the Lake Bogoria National Reserve, soak in the public hot springs and spend the night amid hundreds of thousands of flamingos at an acacia-shaded campsite. Cruise nearby Lake Baringo in a motorboat or a canoe to spy hippos and crocodiles. This...
Merrueshi Ranch, Amboseli National Park, Amboseli, Kenya
Far from the increasingly commercialized gates of Maasai Mara National Reserve and in fact closer to Amboseli Nationak Park, I found myself gasping for air inside of a stuffy, dark thatched roof mud hut. A tiny hole in the wall acted as the only...
Kenya is an amazing country of contrasts. However, nothing can prepare you for how diverse a Kenya Safari is. The main attraction remains the big five - Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo and Leopard which can be viewed in Kenya's numerous parks....
Maasai Mara National Reserve, Sekenani Gate, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
It's easy enough to get on a flight to Nairobi, then go on safari in the Masai Mara and see an incredible amount of animals, and hopefully some amazing sights such as this cheetah. But it doesn't have to be nearly as expensive as some may think....
Cresent Island, Kenya
December 31, 2013: When we got to Crescent Island, we marveled out how much it looked just like the movie _Out_of_Africa_. That's when our guide let us know that this site is actually where the movie was filmed. Animals were imported to the island...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now