The Stunning Coast and Archipelago of West Sweden
Collected by Marie Oskarsson
The fishing villages along the Bohuslän coast and archipelago once made their fortune from the sea, hauling in herring and other catches. Now the region draws its many visitors during summer who come for the sailing, swimming, kayaking and other outdoor adventures.
Fästningsholmen, 442 81 Kungälv, Sweden
Take the bus to Kungälv and walk up to Bohus Fortress (Bohus Fästning), which has guarded the northern entrance to Gothenburg at the Nordre River since 1308. During the summer lots of medieval-style activities take place, like sword...
Kosters Trädgårdar Långegärde, 452 05 Sydkoster, Sweden
The beautiful Koster Islands are Sweden's most westerly populated islands with only around 300 year-round inhabitants and almost no car traffic. Sustainability and ecology are key values here and visitors flock to the islands’...
The Bohuslän archipelago has a harsh kind of beauty that can be enjoyed in many ways. One of the best, of course, being a journey by boat along the coast trying to find one’s own special paradise. Will it be the glamorous Marstrand, the...
Sjövägen 60, 457 73 Havstenssund, Sweden
What happens when two librarians fall in love and decide it’s to do something else in life? Linnèa Sjögren and Jonas Petterson wanted to spend more time outdoors and explore their interest in the wild, Swedish seaweed as culinary...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village