Collected by Kristin Zibell , AFAR Local Expert
Remote and wild destinations across Asia.
Tai Po, Hong Kong
Roughly three-quarters of Hong Kong is undeveloped land. The prime hike is the New Territories’ 62-mile MacLehose Trail, which skims gorgeous beaches and climbs to Hong Kong’s highest peak, Tai Mo Shan (3,140 feet). The trail is divided into 10...
Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Spending an early morning with our family in the monkey forest was a nice way to avoid the crowds, and have fun observing the monkeys. We enjoyed exploring this amazing nature reserve and shoot some family pictures given the lovely morning light.
Na Hin Lat, Pak Phli District, Nakhon Nayok, Thailand
The waterfall made famous by the courageous jump on the movie THE BEACH is not located on an island in the gulf, but is actually located in Khao Yai National Park. Khoa Yai is about 2 hours northeast of Bangkok in the province of Khorat. The...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021
- 3 Tips + News Does Biden Plan to Implement Domestic Travel Restrictions?
- 4 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 5 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID