Why Rome's Still Home
Collected by Amanda Ruggeri , AFAR Contributor
(Some of) the reasons why I love Rome, Italy... and why I just can't seem to leave!
Via di S. Teodoro, 74, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Every Saturday and Sunday on Via S. Teodoro, tucked just off Circus Maximus, Rome's best farmer's market takes place. It's run by Campagna Amica, an Italy-wide organization that promotes local, sustainable agriculture—so all of the products sold...
Via dei Banchi Vecchi, 14, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Quietly inhabiting the lovely Via dei Banchi Vecchi, Il Goccetto (not to be confused with the Italian pro-marijuana organization by the same name) is a secret hidden in plain sight: a cozy, wood-paneled wine bar with 18th-century ceiling...
Via degli Ibernesi, 30, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
This lovely boutique hotel might just have the best location in Rome: It's right across from the entrance to the Roman forum, down the street from the Colosseum... and actually *in* the 2nd-century Trajan's Markets. (When you check in, the...
Piazza della Minerva, 42, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Just behind the Pantheon hides the church of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, a gem in its own right. The only Gothic church in Rome's center, it's a breath of fresh air from over-the-top Baroque opulence. Plus, it has gorgeous frescoes by Filippo Lippi...
- 1 Trains Private Rooms on Amtrak’s Auto Train Are Just $109 Right Now
- 2 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to 13 U.S. Cities
- 3 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 4 Tips + News Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer
- 5 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID