Whitehorse Top 5
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
1124 Front St, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1A4, Canada
Covering half a block of downtown Whitehorse, this 740-square-meter (8,000-square-foot) exhibit space chronicles the natural, social, economic and industrial heritage of the Yukon. The artifacts start with prehistoric atlatls (dart throwers) and...
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 4T1, Canada
The world’s longest wooden fish ladder helps migrating chinook (aka king) salmon on the final leg of their epic journey. As young smolts, they migrate downstream to the Bering Sea. After three to five years, they reenter the Yukon River and begin...
Whitehorse, YT, Canada
Sternwheelers once carried prospectors—and their mandatory ton of goods—740 kilometers (460 miles) between Whitehorse and Dawson City. The downstream run took around 36 hours, but battling back against the current could consume four to five days....
Takhini Hot Springs Rd, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 7A2, Canada
A half hour drive outside of Whitehorse in the Yukon is the Wildlife Preserve where visitors can walk through the property and get up close, but not too personal, with Canadian wildlife — including elk, buffalo, mountain goats, deer, and all types...
201 Wood St, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2E4, Canada
This vaudeville revue celebrates the pioneer entertainment of the great Klondike Gold Rush era. Since 1970, the 90-minute shows have entertained visitors each summer. Brace yourself for comedy skits, dramatic performances of Robert Service poems...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum