Where to watch some good footie matches
Collected by Christian Mirasol, AFAR Local Expert
C. d'Aristides Maillol, 12, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Imagine the crowds cheering on the home team at the Football Club Barcelona’s stadium, check out a space dedicated to Argentinean superstar Leo Messi, admire the Club’s many trophies, your favorite players’ jerseys, and learn about the history of...
Praça Roberto Gomes Pedrosa, 1 - Morumbi, São Paulo - SP, 05653-070, Brazil
If you're going to get to know Brazil, you're going to get to know soccer. I was able to attend the São Paulo state championship match between Santos (former club of Pelé and current club of Brazilian soccer sensation Neymar) and Guaraní. Santos...
Kılıçali Paşa Mahallesi, 34433 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
Try to catch a football (soccer) game in Istanbul even if you don’t care about football. In any other city, you’d want to watch the game live at a stadium. But if you are in Istanbul you want to be in a hookah bar. I would recommend "Ali Baba...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village