Where to Stay and Eat in Darwin
Collected by Afar Magazine
7 Kitchener Dr, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
The 121 modern-feeling guest rooms may be on the small side, but Vibe’s location is wide open—right along the waterfront, a short stroll from the restaurants, shops, and pubs lining the promenade. From $80. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8982-9998 ...
next to Darwin Entertainment Centre, 93 Mitchell St, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Chef Jimmy Shu’s Thai-, Indian-, and Nyonya-inspired menu showcases indigenous ingredients in such dishes as barramundi fish tikka, Thai chili prawns, and lemongrass- and chili-spiked oysters. The spicy cuisine is complemented by a standout list...
88 The Esplanade, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
The hotel’s panoramic views of Darwin Harbor are hard to beat, and the Central Business District location is a convenient base for exploring the city. Stay in one of the guest rooms or live like a local in an apartment-style accommodation.
20 Conacher St, Fannie Bay NT 0820, Australia
This low-key beachside bistro’s hearty menu includes grilled lamb chops, chicken schnitzel, and meze platters with grilled chorizo and Wagyu meatballs. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8987-6630 This appeared in the June/July 2015 issue.
Alec Fong Lim Dr, East Point NT 0820, Australia
Secluded coastal surroundings in a nature reserve set the stage for Pee Wee’s tempura soft-shell mud crab, grain-fed eye fillets (beef tenderloin), and imported buffalo cheese. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8987-6868 This appeared in the June/July 2015 issue.
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall