Where to Stay and Eat in Darwin
Collected by Afar Magazine
7 Kitchener Dr, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
The 121 modern-feeling guest rooms may be on the small side, but Vibe’s location is wide open—right along the waterfront, a short stroll from the restaurants, shops, and pubs lining the promenade. From $80. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8982-9998 ...
next to Darwin Entertainment Centre, 93 Mitchell St, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Chef Jimmy Shu’s Thai-, Indian-, and Nyonya-inspired menu showcases indigenous ingredients in such dishes as barramundi fish tikka, Thai chili prawns, and lemongrass- and chili-spiked oysters. The spicy cuisine is complemented by a standout list...
88 The Esplanade, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
The hotel’s panoramic views of Darwin Harbor are hard to beat, and the Central Business District location is a convenient base for exploring the city. Stay in one of the guest rooms or live like a local in an apartment-style accommodation.
20 Conacher St, Fannie Bay NT 0820, Australia
This low-key beachside bistro’s hearty menu includes grilled lamb chops, chicken schnitzel, and meze platters with grilled chorizo and Wagyu meatballs. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8987-6630 This appeared in the June/July 2015 issue.
Alec Fong Lim Dr, East Point NT 0820, Australia
Secluded coastal surroundings in a nature reserve set the stage for Pee Wee’s tempura soft-shell mud crab, grain-fed eye fillets (beef tenderloin), and imported buffalo cheese. Phone: 61/(0) 8-8987-6868 This appeared in the June/July 2015 issue.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers