Where to stay and dine in Chefchaouen
Collected by Afar Magazine
2 N2, Derdara, Morocco
Just south of Chefchaouen, Dardara has 21 rooms, but try to get one of the six with a fireplace. The restaurant is the best in the entire region and a popular weekend lunch destination for Moroccan day-trippers from the coast. From $55, including...
22 Rue Targui, Chefchaouen 91004, Morocco
With eight rooms, plus another 14 at its sister property, Dar Baibou, this is a longtime favorite in Chefchaouen’s medina. Casa Hassan’s Tissemlal Restaurant serves excellent traditional dishes, including tagines and grilled meats. In cold...
Ajiba 2, Kasbah، Rue Ahmed Ben Ajiba, Tanger, Morocco
Recently opened, La Maison Blanche is set to become the city’s favorite riad. Elegantly refurbished over six years, the traditional five-story townhouse, built around a central courtyard, has nine rooms, each in a different style. Views from the...
Place du Tabor, Kasbah, Tanger 90000, Morocco
Across from La Maison Blanche sits Tangier’s best restaurant. Modern, stylish, and always lively, El Morocco Club offers sophisticated takes on traditional dishes. About half the menu is designed by Morocco’s most celebrated contemporary chef, the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now