Where to Shop in Beijing
Collected by Lisa Gay
2 Jiuxianqiao Rd, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China
How a complex of German-built factories became one of East Asia’s hottest art destinations is also the story of modern China. When construction on a number of electronics factories began in Dashanzi in 1956, the area was farmland. Joint...
China, Beijing Shi, Chaoyang Qu, S Sanlitun Rd, 三里屯南街4号院 邮政编码: 100001
A lending library with more than 10,000 English-language books. A weekly slate of events, from poetry readings to winetastings to quizzes to movie screenings. A full menu of food. A superb single malt collection. "Something for everyone" sounds...
Despite its name, within this mall are shops selling all manner of electronics, watches, clothing, handbags, suitcases, and, of course, jewelry, including hundreds of pearls in every conceivable shape, size, and color. You can buy jewelry already...
201 Gulou E St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
One of the main avenues through Beijing's old hutong district, Gulou East Street (or, Gulou Dong Dajie) specializes in vintage clothing, Japanese imports, cheap musical instruments and dodgy video game shops. While stores tend to pop up and shut...
19 Sanlitun Rd, SanLiTun, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100001
This venue has permanently closed. This store in Taikoo Li North, run by media mogul Hung Huang, has a beautiful and carefully curated selection of local Chinese designers and artists. Many of these signature designs, often found nowhere else, are...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries