Where to Go Now in Downtown Los Angeles
Collected by Kathryn Romeyn , AFAR Contributor
250 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Founded in 1979, the mission of this institution is clear—it’s committed to preserving, presenting, and interpreting art created after 1940. Its methods, however, are ever changing. Three distinct venues in the city shine a spotlight...
900 Wilshire Blvd #8023, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Superlatives abound at the InterContinental in downtown L.A. The 73-story structure is the tallest building west of Chicago and, at 889 rooms, the largest InterContinental in the Americas. (It set a Guinness World Record for the longest continuous...
221 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
When it opened in 2015, this museum drew headlines for its extensive contemporary art collection and Diller Scofidio + Renfro–designed building, which resembles a futuristic honeycomb. Then a single exhibition catapulted it into fame: artist...
1746 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
A good cocktail can cure almost anything that ails you—at least that’s the philosophy at Apothéke, the West Coast outpost of the award-winning New York City bar. In keeping with the playful apothecary theme, barmen don white lab...
- 1 Tips + News Croatia Joins List of Countries Open to Vaccinated Travelers
- 2 Tips + News How Can I Get a Vaccine Passport?
- 3 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 4 Trains Private Room Fares on Amtrak’s Most Scenic Routes Are Heavily Discounted This Summer
- 5 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to Nearly 30 U.S. Cities