Where to Go Now in Downtown Los Angeles
Collected by Kathryn Romeyn, AFAR Contributor
649 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014, USA
Perhaps no hotel debut was as anticipated in 2018 as the NoMad, the West Coast outpost of the celebrated Manhattan property. The downtown Los Angeles spot adapts the hotel’s winning formula—a vibrant social scene, with a helping of...
250 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Founded in 1979, the mission of this institution is clear—it’s committed to preserving, presenting, and interpreting art created after 1940. Its methods, however, are ever changing. Three distinct venues in the city shine a spotlight...
900 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Superlatives abound at the InterContinental in downtown L.A. The 73-story structure is the tallest building west of Chicago and, at 889 rooms, the largest InterContinental in the Americas. (It set a Guinness World Record for the longest continuous...
221 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
When it opened in 2015, this museum drew headlines for its extensive contemporary art collection and Diller Scofidio + Renfro–designed building, which resembles a futuristic honeycomb. Then a single exhibition catapulted it into fame: artist...
1746 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
A good cocktail can cure almost anything that ails you—at least that’s the philosophy at Apothéke, the West Coast outpost of the award-winning New York City bar. In keeping with the playful apothecary theme, barmen don white lab...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States