Where to Eat & Drink in Tahiti
Collected by Becca Blond, AFAR Local Expert
The food in Tahiti is very, very good. The island delivers the best of French and Polynesian cooking in a variety of restaurants, ranging from food trucks in Papeete to uber-romantic oceanfront restaurants at luxury resorts. Here are some of our favorite places around the island to eat and also drink.
InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, PK7,5, Faaa 98702, French Polynesia
Part of the InterContinental Resort, Le Lotus, is set in an overwater building and has a romantic vibe with live piano music, candlelight, amazing views and top-notch French and Polynesian cuisine. Make sure to arrive before sunset to watch the...
Rue de l'École des Frères de Ploërmel, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia
Tahiti is not known as a nightlife destination, but there are a few places to dance at least a portion of the night away. Try Le Royal Kikiriri to dance the traditional Polynesian two-step, waltz and tamure. Le Grenier de Montmartre is where to go...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now