Where To Celebrate Bastille Day
Collected by Kim Fortson , AFAR Contributor
From the Champs-Élysées to New York City, here are six places to celebrate French independence in style.
3 Rue Brey, 75017 Paris, France
'Bisous' in French means 'kisses' and on their national day (especially in Paris) you may get a few, since everyone is celebrating. It's a real treat to be anywhere on July 14th in France, but Paris knows how to put on a show. After the sun goes...
2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
What do Al Capone and Bruce Willis have in common? They both did time here at Eastern State Penitentiary. (OK, Willis wasn't an inmate, but he did shoot the film 12 Monkeys here.) The facility's first inmate was brought through these doors in...
299 Broadway, Suite 620, New York, NY 10007, USA
Even if you are not a Francophile, it's fun to celebrate Bastille Day (July 14). In New York, where there is a sizable French ex-pat community, Bastille Day brings French flavor to the city. Bastille Day on 60th Street (between Fifth and Lexington...
- 1 Tips + News CDC Issues New Advice for International Travelers: Get 2 COVID Tests
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tech + Gear The Ultimate Guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals in 2020
- 4 Tips + News The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel Is Coming to Arctic Norway
- 5 Hotels 10 Airbnb Alternatives for Every Kind of Vacation Home Seeker