Where to Bed Down + Eat Well in Slovenia
Collected by Afar Magazine
Miklošičeva cesta 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chef Janez Bratovz applies modern techniques to farm-fresh ingredients and riffs on Slovenian culinary traditions. The formal setting is balanced by the warm hospitality of a family operation (Bratovz’s wife is the manager, his daughter the...
Chef Ana Ros’s parents run this simple but elegant resort that comprises four wood-sided cabins with fireplaces and alpine views. The hills are alive with opportunities for exploring the Soca Valley. Livek 39, Kobarid, 386/(0) 5-384-4620 This...
Cesta Gorenjskega odreda 16, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Designed with eco-conscious guests in mind, accommodations range from tents and tree houses to apartments with Jacuzzis and kitchenettes. Chef Dusan Jovanovic’s poolside restaurant serves a menu that changes daily and features vegetables and herbs...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now