Where I Like to Dig My Toes in the Sand
Collected by Christina Saull, AFAR Ambassador
Nothing makes me happier than strolling along the beach, toes sinking into the sand. These are only a handful of my favorite beaches around the world.
2218 Gulf Dr N, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217, USA
Anna Maria Island is a barrier island off the west coast of Florida adjacent to Sarasota. Nestled between the bay and the Gulf of Mexico, it offers ritual gatherings for incredible sunsets. Pace is laid back and friendly It will become my winter...
Goose Rocks Beach, Maine 04046, USA
A great find in Southern Maine, a beautiful five mile beach with spectacular views and long stretches of white sand. No place can compare to the beauty that this beach embraces that families have come to summer for many generations. A perfect day...
4726 Santa Monica Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, USA
Being a runner, it grounds me when I have the chance to run on a beach in a new city. Not only do you get a nice workout in, it's a great and efficient way to get the vibe of the locals. Try and write the word "Run" in as many languages and as...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village