When I return...(Uganda)
Collected by Charlie Grosso
Fort Portal-Mpondwe Road, Rubirizi, Uganda
“Shut up!” I try to keep my speech patterns out of the trenches of popular slang phrase, I guess out of some weird allegiance to my ancient past as an English major, but when I’m too overwhelmed to think or care about words, they simply tumble out...
In February 2013, my husband Michael and I set off on an 8-month trip around the world. Here’s one of the many highlights of our adventure… I volunteer with an NGO that creates cultural tourism opportunities in rural Uganda (www.cobatiuganda.org)....
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania