What to Eat on a Budget in Playa del Carmen
Collected by Bobby Heard , AFAR Local Expert
MZA 1 LTE 1, Calle 2 Nte 1, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Set in the heart of the tourist zone on the beach, La Tarraya offers all the usual suspects made with care at prices that can't be beat - especially on the beach. This is the last beachfront restaurant still owned by a Playa local.
Av. 105 Nte Local 3, entre Constituyentes y 30 Bis, Ejidal, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Very far off the beaten tourist path of 5th avenue lies this gem. Chicken just doesn't get any better. Run by a Jamaican expat with a dream of opening a Jerk Chicken stand, Ferron's is quickly becoming an institution amongst Playa locals.
Avenida Norte 10, Mza. 5 Lte. 1,3,7, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Don't miss this spot on bustling 10th avenue. Pizza is the speciality and they serve it up hot and fresh, cut into squares. This stuff is dangerously good so make sure to come hungry. 20 pesos per slice.
30 Avenida entre Contituyentes y calle 20, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Part of Playa's iconic, awesome fresh produce market DAC, "La Ceiba" delivers fresh, tasty Mexican classics as well as internationally-inspired food. Try the fresh fruit water.
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 4 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High