What to Do in Shan State
You could say that Inle Lake’s huge reputation belies its relatively compact dimensions. Measuring just 13.5 miles long and seven miles wide, it is a relative tiddler by Asian standards. Nevertheless, the placid body of water—in tandem with the beautiful Shan State mountains that enclose it—is one of Myanmar’s prime spots to get away from it all. The rest of Shan State is no less alluring, with some of the country's most spectacular scenery and a fascinating ethnic mash-up.
- 1Epic TripsArticleWhy You Should Explore Tokyo with AFAR Experiences
- 2Travel TipsArticleThe Serious Traveler’s Guide to the Gig Economy
- 3Water SportsArticleWhy You Don’t Need to Overcome Every Travel Fear
- 4Style and DesignArticleHow an Alien Landscape Became Mexico City’s Modernist Mecca
- 5Tips + NewsArticleChoose Your Own Scottsdale Instagram AdventureSponsored by Experience Scottsdale