What to do in luang prabang
Collected by Edward Tan
4-5 ban Phonepheng, ຫຼວງພະບາງ, Laos
This cheerful flower seller in Phosy Market was preparing beautiful marigold tower temple offerings for sale. The market, south west of central Luang Prabang, is where locals go for fresh produce, meat, spices, baguettes, rice and sundries. Some...
Luang Prabang, Laos
The Night Market in Luang Prabang, Laos is a shoppers paradise and could be the most serene market in the world. The handmade goods offered here are of impeccable quality and almost everything is created in or around Luang Prabang. Many of the...
Rue Chao Fa Ngum, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos
At night LP has this huge night market selling Laotian chotchkes, tribal blankets and other backpackers' delights. Early in the morning, though, when said backpackers are dreaming of banana pancakes fresh off the griddle, there's another market, a...
27 Ounheun Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
Bugger off, Dos Equis. This here is the most interesting man in the world. This is the groundskeeper at utterly unpronounceable Wat Siphoutthabath in central Luang Prabang - in and of itself one of the most impressive temples in a city known for,...
Historic District, Luang Prabang, Laos
You haven't done Asia until you've done a temple stay - so sayeth a snobby backpacker I once met. I hate to admit it, but that snobby backpacker was on to something; nothing replicates the experience of breaking bread with a monk, discussing the...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall