What to do in luang prabang
Collected by Edward Tan
4-5 ban Phonepheng, ເມືອງຫຼວງພະບາງ, Laos
This cheerful flower seller in Phosy Market was preparing beautiful marigold tower temple offerings for sale. The market, south west of central Luang Prabang, is where locals go for fresh produce, meat, spices, baguettes, rice and sundries. Some...
Luang Prabang, Laos
The Night Market in Luang Prabang, Laos is a shoppers paradise and could be the most serene market in the world. The handmade goods offered here are of impeccable quality and almost everything is created in or around Luang Prabang. Many of the...
Rue Chao Fa Ngum, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos
At night LP has this huge night market selling Laotian chotchkes, tribal blankets and other backpackers' delights. Early in the morning, though, when said backpackers are dreaming of banana pancakes fresh off the griddle, there's another market, a...
27 Ounheun Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
Bugger off, Dos Equis. This here is the most interesting man in the world. This is the groundskeeper at utterly unpronounceable Wat Siphoutthabath in central Luang Prabang - in and of itself one of the most impressive temples in a city known for,...
Historic District, Luang Prabang, Laos
You haven't done Asia until you've done a temple stay - so sayeth a snobby backpacker I once met. I hate to admit it, but that snobby backpacker was on to something; nothing replicates the experience of breaking bread with a monk, discussing the...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 3 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 4 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 5 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You’ll Probably Have to Quarantine as List Hits Record High